Safe Sunscreen Certification is yearly certification issued for businesses that make / sell / provide consumers broad spectrum mineral sunscreens*. This includes sunscreen companies, stores, and activity/tour businesses.
- Safe Sunscreen Certified logo to add to web site, packaging, marketing
- Safe Sunscreen Certified Stickers & Signage
- Starter Pack of Sunscreen Educational Cards
- Listing with Google Map Link in Safe Sunscreen Certified Store Finder (for stores – coming soon)**
- Social Media Promotions
Signing up here does not guarantee certification.
- For sunscreen brands you must forward a copy of your labels / ingredients for final approval to email@example.com
- For businesses that sell to consumers or offer sunscreens to guests, you must forward a list of the brands you sell as well as their ingredients (unless they’re already certified here) to firstname.lastname@example.org
* For a sunscreen to qualify formulations must be free of: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Avobenzone, Homosalate, Octisalate, Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fragrance / Parfum, BHT, Propylene Glycol, Phthalates, PEGs, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocomide DEA, Nano-Particles. (Subject to change upon the most updated research).
** Staff should be knowledgable about sunscreen ingredients, the dangers of all chemical UV filters, and be able to help consumers make conscious decisions about purchasing safer options. Sunscreen education training can be provided for staff, email for more details.
Safe Sunscreen Certifications denote sunscreens that are mineral based, free of chemical UV filters and other known carcinogens, toxins, hormone disruptors. That these companies are striving to use the safest ingredients.